PC Wire with Different Surface Treatment for PC Structure
PC wire, also called PC steel wire, is made of carbon steel and used in concrete structures. According to the surface treatment, it is classified into plain PC wire, indented PC wire and spiral ribbed PC wire. Before using, through pre-tensioning or post-tensioning method, PC wire has a kind of prestressing force. Therefore, when combined with concrete, it can delay the beginning and development of the component crack. What's more, steel wire used in pre-stressed concrete requires no coatings, so it is a low-cost construction material.
The plain PC wire can be supplied in different diameters. It features good fixed performance, high tensile strength and low relaxation.
Compared with the plain PC wire, indented PC wire surface is indented which can strengthen boding force with concrete.
We can supply spiral ribbed PC wire with different diameters from 3.00 mm to 12.00 mm. Spiral ribbed PC wire with consecutive spiral ribs can well combine with concrete.
Different classifications methods
- According to different diameters: 4 mm, 4.8 mm, 5.0 mm, 5.1 mm, 6.0 mm, 6.35 mm, 7.0 mm, 7.8 mm, 8.0 mm, 9.0 mm, 10.0 mm, 11.0 mm, 12.0 mm and so on.
- According to different intensity level: 1470 MPa, 1570 MPa, 1670 MPa, 1770 MPa ,1860 MPa and so on.
- Accordance to the different surface coating: no coating PC steel wire, epoxy coated PC steel wire and galvanized PC steel wire.
- According to the surface morphology: plain PC wire, indented PC wire and spiral ribbed PC wire.
- According to different treatment process: cold-drawn PC steel wire and low relaxation PC steel wire.
- Material: high carbon steel.
- Diameter: 4.00 mm - 12.00 mm.
- Intensity: 1470 MPa - 1860 MPa.
- Standards: ASTM A421, ASTM A881/A881M, BS 5896, JIS G 3536, ISO 6934, EN 10138, GB/T 5223 or according to customers' requirements.
- Can give full play to the performance of the material.
- Improve crack resistance.
- Anti permeability.
- High tensile strength.
- Saving steel.
- Prestressed concrete structures: PC pressure pipe, concrete pipes.
- Building structures: multi-layer industrial buildings, factory frameworks, high-rise buildings and houses, nuclear power plants, stadiums.
- Road and bridge structures: bridges, subway, highway, railway sleepers.
- Reinforcing structures: rock-soil anchoring project, dams.
- Other uses: crane beams, cement poles, panel, mines, etc.
PC wire used in concrete pipes can increase the pipes' stability and life span.
PC wire in crane beams can add its stability and increase its pressure resistance.
Because high making expenses, easily to be rotted or broken and short service life, wooden sleepers is replaced by PC concrete sleepers. PC concrete sleeper made of PC wire and features excellent corrosion resistance, high bonding force, thus can improve the sleepers' service life span.
PC wire with high corrosion resistance and waterproof used in dams can improve dams stability and life span.